3 May 2020
Task Sheet for Week Beginning 4th May 2020
Children to complete tasks each day in small sessions lasting between 10 and 15 minutes.
Can you take pictures of your work or you doing the tasks and email me them to me as I would like to see how you are doing. classFLP@springhill.lancs,sch.uk
Letters and Sounds Video
You will need the letter cards - s a t p i n say the sounds.
- Find and say the letter, write the letter correctly.
- Make as many different words that you can with the letters.
- Read and write the words.
- Can you find the ones that rhyme ( have the same ending e.g. at, sat, pat, tat)
- Read the tricky words and then try to write them
Watch Alphablocks on Ceebies
Story Session Video
Listen to the Hungry Caterpillar story
- Story read by the author on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXHScpo_Vv8
- Animated video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NQK-Sm1YY
- Draw the different food the Hungry Caterpillar ate.
- Try to label your pictures using you phonics
Watch Handwriting Heroes to help with letter formation (the letter y is the only one in the wrong section it is a surfer not skier)
Cannon Poppers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeOOB-GVOyI
You will need number cards 1-20 and objects.
- To count to 20 using fingers going forwards and backwards. (if struggling do to 10).
- Order the number cards 1-10 or 1-20
- Pick a number and match the correct number of objects or write a number and draw the correct number of objects.
- Say a number and then say what is one more (what comes after) or practically count out the objects for the number and add one to make it 1 more and say what the number is now.
- Say a number and then say what is one less (what comes before) or practically count out the objects for the number and take one away to make it 1 less and say what the number is now.
Watch Numberblocks on BBC iplayer
Complete the Super Hero challenge on Sumdog
Look at different pictures of butterflies or watch videos of them on the internet. Talk about the way the look and the different colours.
Children to make a butterfly using different media such as drawing, painting, playdough, different materials, junk modelling, biscuits, cakes.
Posted by Michelle Davies